The complexity of the one life we live is too precious to be left up to chance alone. Make rational decisions that align with your inner core and planned journey. This is the central theme of the Decide principle.
What strategic decisions are needed and how do I stay true to my purpose and calling in life?
During the course of a day, we make hundreds of decisions. It’s the quality of today’s decisions that will shape who we become months and years down the road. Small decisions have a way of compounding to significantly shape the course of your life. Learning how to automate decisions will save you time. Decisions that are congruent with what’s important to you and your values will lead to fulfillment and happiness. The challenge is that most decisions are made from an emotional mindset that fails to incorporate rational, logical thinking.
The objective of this principle is to improve the quality of your decisions that contribute directly to reaching your full potential.
By internalizing and practicing the concepts of this principle, you will increase the ability to:
- Stay focused on what is essential and filter out everything else
- Remain committed to your career roadmap through self-discipline with focus, habits, and decisions that align with who you want to become
- Mitigate irrational behavior that will throw your journey off course
- Accelerate decisions
- Improve the quality of your decisions
- Personal Scoreboard – Your private metrics that measure the progress toward your goals.
- Routines and habits that align with achieving your goals
DECIDE YOUR HABITS TO DELIVER OUTCOMES
DECIDE CONSCIOUSLY IN CONTEXT
DECIDE WITH SELF-CONTROL – DELAY YOUR RESPONSE TO STIMULUS
DECIDE YOUR ACTIONS BY KEEPING SCORE
DECIDE ON WHEN TO MAKE A CHANGE
DECIDE ACCURATELY BY ELIMINATING COGNITIVE BIAS
DECIDE BY ANTICIPATING CHANGE
DECIDE YOUR NEXT JOB STRATEGICALLY