Ryan Reed leads IT at the JSR Corporation as part of the OneDigital organization, which is responsible for helping to digitize JSR. In his current role, he has worldwide responsibility to work across all JSR companies to establish a federated enterprise IT organization. In addition to working on a modernization strategy, Ryan has continued to lead and mentor employees on how to develop their career strategies.
Before JSR, Ryan worked in Financial Services at Charles Schwab, where he spent time as the technology leader for the equity compensation business and a software architect modernizing client communications. At Schwab, Ryan continued to refine his career strategy while also mentoring individuals and leading workshops for personal development based on the “Career Strategy Framework.”
Before Schwab, Ryan was with Microsoft in Denver and Redmond for 5 years. He held multiple roles during his tenure, including Program Manager, Enterprise Architect, and Regional IT Manager. In these roles, he primarily focused on creating a roadmap for modernization and migration to the cloud for Microsoft IT.
Before joining Microsoft, Ryan was an IT Director for Sandoz, a subsidiary of Novartis A.G., where he ran IT for Manufacturing, Regulatory, Quality/Lab, and Research teams at multiple sites in the US.
Ryan has a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from Colorado College and holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Colorado.
In this episode, we discuss:
- leading enterprise IT across a distributed organization
- building a federated IT organization
- harnessing the value of data and machine learning
- application of AI and large language models in an enterprise
- AWS, Azure, and Google cloud strategy
- looking inward to guide your career strategy
- using career roadmaps to change the conversation
- how to develop talent within an IT organization
- and more!
Where to find Ryan Reed:
Where to find James Gray:
- Newsletter: https://graymatter.jamesgray.io
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesgray
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamesgray.io
- Web: https://www.jamesgray.io
- Coaching: https://coachjamesgray.com